1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To The Fleet: International

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Oct 12, 2010.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Here's our newest toy. Got at an auction recently. Unsure what year it is. It came with the plow, but not the spreader. We bought the spreader and installed it a couple weeks back. This is our first winter with it.

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Looking good! Can't wait to start seeing the snow fly around here!!!
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. What does it have for a transmition?
  4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really solid. You can't beat an International. How many miles are on the clock?
  5. KMBertog

specifically, i am unsure of the tranny... i do know it is an automatic and not like our other Internationals (that we don't plow with) in that same size/weight that have the 10 or 13 speed manuals or whatever they are.
  6. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

nice looking truck, you guys are up to 30 dumps now? great looking truck!
  7. KMBertog

Yes, 30 for snow events. We have larger trucks like 4500 series Chevy and GMC that aren't designated snow equipment, only landscape. As is the case with our larger Internationals that are bigger than this one. Those see no action in the snow.

But, you are correct. 30 that are either plow trucks/salt trucks... Some have no blade on the front and are strictly salt only.
  8. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Who does the paint!

Looks real good, made that truck new.
  9. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Looks good! What made you go with that spreader over a v-box? I need a spreader for my International. Everyone around here runs V's, but seems like one of these would be a lot cheaper.
  10. KMBertog

We don't run v-box. no matter the truck.

all the salt trucks are Flink spreaders. since all the salt trucks are dumps, it just makes more sense.

we are running liquid on one larger truck this winter as a "test".... 300 gallon tank w/ liquid de-icer inside. never have gone that route before... like i said... it's a test.
  11. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

That is a nice looking truck! What are your reasons behind a under tailgate vs. a v-box, I like hearing differnet view points.
  12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Very nice!
  13. KMBertog

We have never had V-Box..... that is honestly my only defense/reasoning. I am sorry for being vague but that's the only answer I have. have had nothing but success with the Flink setups underneath the dump beds. That's just what we have done when it comes to salting.... been in business nearly 40 years and had no reason to go otherwise.

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the reasoning behind letting the 4500s sit all winter? Length, 2wd, big-view obstructing dump beds? lol
  15. KMBertog

2WD. Not that large. Have enough 1 ton dumps for salt runs and plenty of pickup trucks. We are going to use a 4500 (I will be driving) this winter for our liquid run. Using liquid in one truck this winter to see how it works compared to rock salt.
  16. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

if its a 4700, most came with auto allisons. clean truck. how much did you pay at auction?

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice truck. Looks very clean. Congrats on the purchase.
  19. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

That's pretty cool. Wish I had a reason to buy something like that.
  20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, I would venture to say its a 94 maybe?