1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the commercial part. Need help bidding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by S & L, Sep 7, 2011.

1. S & L

S & L Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm new to the site and thought where else would I go for advice then the pros who have been doing this for years. So thank you in advance for helping me with this bid. I have a client that wants a price for the season with salting after every plow. He opens at 7a.m and needs it done before then and to come back if the snow accumulates. There will be some waiting due to cars being moved and the fact its on a busy street. In NH there was 87'' of snow last year and the company that did the plowing last year only charged $400 monthly for DEC-MARCH. So a total of $1600 with salting. The guy stopped plowing because he lost his shirt last year. My thought anyway. I thought that it was very low and figured it would take me about an hour to do the lot. I'm trying to Google map a pic so you guys can see it. Any thoughts???

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.758181,-71.463213&spn=0.000721,0.001404&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=6

Okay.. Itried to make this easy but all I can get is the link. So, it the long building with parking lots on each side and a strip in front of the building. Thanks:salute:

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Wow forget what the other guy charged
    Truck with salter $150 hour
    Salt $225 per ton or application would be better
    You get paid while you wait and when you come back
    I have some driveways I get $400 a month for

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Btw I love people who say I open at 7.
    Charge for pre salt then have a 1 inch trigger and you will make passes to keep it open every 2 inches and when storm ends you have 6 hours to completely plow all spots curb to curb

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

You're right, it is very low and explains why the other guy quit plowing.

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Yep...sounds like the guy bidded low to get the job or didn't know how to bid and that was a crash and burn.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That shouldn't take you an hour to plow it. You might want to charge per push...

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would be around $800 to $1,000 per month.