1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dcmaseo1, Nov 1, 2008.

1. dcmaseo1

dcmaseo1 Junior Member

I'm looking to get into the plowing business in Mass., what type of insurance do I need? Where do I look to do sub-contracting work with the city? I presently have 1 million worth of insurance with my interior/exterior business, can I just add-on to that? I have a 2000 F150 Silverado to plow with, I'm looking to do driveways only. After reading on this forum, it appears that I need to be looking for for V-plow and I need to be making sure that the front-end of truck can handle the weight.
    I just brought the truck, my previous truck was not a 4 x 4, so in addition to trying to learn about driveways/pricing/models to buy I'm also looking to learn how to drive the 4 x 4 in the winter. Any help/info on any of the above issues would be greatly appreciated.
    Also looking for inexpensive to advertise snow-plowing (door-to-door flyers?)
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Kind of late in the year to start a snow removal business. A F150 Silverado??? Never heard of a truck like that. Use the search function to find answrs to the other questions or just read through the forums.
  3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I have Commercial auto policy on both of my trucks 1 million coverage (liability) with an umbrella up to 2 million, doesn't come cheap paying 2K a year....
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Get a job with an experienced plowing contracted as a sub. It will give you a chance to learn the business.
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Where do I look to do sub-contracting work with the city?....
    I'm looking to do driveways only.

6. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

I thought Chevy & Chrysler were merging.
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

No thats Toyota and AMC
  8. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Is this for real?????????? :dizzy:
  9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I don't think so. Too many contradictions and just doesn't "sound" right for a 49 year old person.
  10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Believe it or not, they don't have enough money to pull it off.
  11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

And Grandpa Bush will not lend them any of "our" money