1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the business!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by superrman77, Feb 25, 2006.

1. superrman77

superrman77 Junior Member

I am from Ky but have been in Dayton Ohio for the past 3 years. I have wanted to get into the business for a while now. My truck is a 2001 Ford f-150 Supercrew 4x4. I want to start out small and work my way up. My wife has a marketing degree I was going to get her to help me advertise.I am in school but I make my own schedule at my job.I know ford does not recommend mounting a plow on my truck but I bought it to use to work. I want to start out doing driveways and maybe a small lot or two. I am not sure whether to get a used plow and try to fix it up or try to buy a new one.
    Any advice would be great.
  2. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

Some Facts

Unless You Have The Snow Plow Prep Package I Would Agree With Ford, However If You Are Only Doing To Do Small Drives And Small Lots I Would Think That It Would Be Ok.

If You Can Afford It Buy A New Plow, You Have A Warrenty, Customer Service, And Peice Of Mind. Most Plows That Are Being Sold In The Newspaper, Ebay Have Been Used In A Commercial Opeation At One Time Or Another, Never Know What You Are Getting Into, And If You Dont Know How To Work On Them The Service Bills Can Be Huge.

Good Luck
  3. superrman77

superrman77 Junior Member

Yeah I have been thing about getting a new one. I just don't want to go into this over my head.
  4. westwind

westwind Member

Hard to justify the cost of a new plow without any customers. Reccomend air bags for the front end, before a plow goes on. JMO. Good Luck.:)