1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Pegger, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Pegger

Pegger Junior Member

Hi there.
    I want to get into snow removal for winter months since I live in Winnipeg,Manitoba,Canada and it does snow a lot here.

I have a ticket in a trade,my business is exterior and slows down during winter,soI just would like to know what would be best way to go about it?

I have truck,snow blower,helper,two shovels,two ice-picks and a trailer to start with.

I am insured and will pay taxes throughout my company if thats important.

I posted some ads up, just expecting some responses.
    I want to mainly do residential since I am new to this.
    How do you charge customer?

I am thinking to charge X amount (around 60$) for one time removal.
    I am also thinking to charge 240-260 a month for 4 times(basically once a week removal)

Also maybe charging 300-350 per month for unlimited removals,offering 10% discounts on references.

Hauling snow away and salting is extra.

Am I on the right track?

I would appreciate any advice,since you guys have the experience.

Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Allesandro.

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Sub your self and helpers out for a couple years learn the indusrty!!!!!!!!

3. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Right track.

You are on the right track, what area of the city are you in? Alot of places there have very short (one car deep) driveways and it will be hard to justify $60 for the job. Get your posters up on bullitin boards every where you see them. If you have time mail box drop a neighborhood. Good lucktymusic