1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the Business with a few questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nick4634, Nov 4, 2011.

1. nick4634

nick4634 Member

Hello everybody, I have a few quick questions about running a snow blower for a few drives. First off I'm only 17 but I still want to do this right with proper insurance, tax, and equipment. I run a lobster boat in the spring summer and fall, but I'm looking to find something to do in the winter to keep the cobwebs off. I have the equipment, all I need is the clients and input on insurance or any other things I may have overlooked. I'm looking to do about ten drives total if that matters.

I was thinking of printing out a lot of flyers and sticking them in peoples doors unless any one has other ideas?

(I've used a tractor with a 6 ft bucket before to clear 1/2 mile drives for my uncle so I'm not completely new to the snow industry but I would like to start on my own)