1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the Business Hourly rates or per push

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dodgesnoway1, Feb 24, 2015.

1. dodgesnoway1

dodgesnoway1 Junior Member
    from staffod

How much should I charge hourly for a hotel regular size?? takes about 2hours and a half to plow!!! Northern va area.. and small business also driveways.. do you charge more for over 6 inches? I dont want to over charge but i dont want to under charge..

2. doh

doh Senior Member

Every area is different. I under charge at $20/ driveway, but I always say @ 1" or greater. So you wake up in the morning and see your wipers on your truck, don't go out. If the wipers are covered, time to lace your boots.

That's how I judge it,to not be chasing snow flakes, but serving the customer's needs, That's how I have judged it for 23 years. It has worked so far

6"s is kind of extreme, but I can bet that you have done several 2-4 " events this year and were payed the same. suck it up, every event won't be the same profit! Some you win, some you lose. It is a part of the business,

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You should charge what ever it costs you plus what you want to make.
    Not trying to be an ass but you need to do a little homework to figure this out because my numbers are going to be different from yours as is the guy that plows in the next city over from you.

who said it it takes 2.5 hours to plow and with what? V plow? Straight?

My contracts are all based on amount of snow and it increases in increments.