1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to The Board, But Please, No Hazing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Andy N., Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

What's up felllas, I have been visiting this site for quite some time and I finally had some time to register. This seems like a great place to hang out when I am praying for snow, just like everyone else. I run two plows, a Ram 2500 with a Myer Plow and Trynex Sand Pro Spreader, and a Ram 3500 with a new Fisher 9' Plow and Fisher Speedcaster Spreader. They are sitting idle in my garage along with all the salt. If all else fails, at least we can all make some mean jerky.

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the board! :)

You will find tons of useful informations on this site. Anytime if you have a question or problem, you can post it here. (but be sure to use search feature before you post, because alot of things have already been covered in this site).

Enjoy!

3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I was born in Pittsburgh. First storm I remember was the storm of 78 there.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

welcome to the site. happy reading.

5. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

welcome a-board!!! can we all do a snow dance together???

6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I am thinking with all my salt I will start making ice cream. At least I will have something ice related to do.
    Dino

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome Andy!

Wxm6 is right about the "search" feature - many aspects of snow & ice control have been discussed here in the past, and a particular question you have may already have been answered!

Don't worry about the "hazing" - everyone here is just a little restless right now. What we all need is a good SNOW EVENT! (hint!) :D

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If we could get some snow - maybe 15-20" - then we could gripe about too much snow, the dumb customers, plowing in cars, dumb drivers, how we're not getting enough sleep... Might even have something to do besides griping on PlowSite about nothing to do.

9. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Welcome Andy you will really like this site. Do got any pics of your rigs you could post for us to see. :D

10. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Big welcome, Andy.

The only haze I'm looking for is the haze of snow exiting my blade side.

Here snow, snow, snow.

Bruce

11. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

Welcome Andy,
    Most of the regulars are really gung-ho about telling people to do a search before posting, and I see in your case, it was felt that you needed to be told twice, even though you didn't ask a question. I guess it doesn't occur to them that depending on your choice of keywords when searching that you may not find what you are looking for. And they don't seem to give new members the benefit of the doubt.

My best advice is to start your threads with "I did do a search and ......."

Again, welcome to Plowsite

DaveK

12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would ammend that advice to atually doing the search before saying you did. Otherwise you will get responses with links to all the threads you could have found with a search.

Not from me though hehe.

JK we are all on this site to help. No wild initiation.

Any advice is welcome.

13. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Andy,
    Welcome to Plowsite:cool:

14. DEISL

DEISL Member

Welcome , i have been hearing that some artic air is headed our way late next week. I hope ch.10 meteorologist here in phl. dont get outta hand starting out w/ 3ft. of snow forecast and end up w/ 3/4".I really dont believe he will ever live that one down. Have a ball, a snowy one at that.

15. GR Salter

GR Salter Junior Member

I have 750 tons of rock salt laying in wait They are forecasting
    the possibilty of a white Christmas here. Lake effect snow could
    start this weekend.

16. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

I don't want just lake effect, I'm a little to far east of you to get any. :)
    You are in Grand Rapids.
    I am in Grand Blanc.
    Pronounced "blank" for those not in Michigan.

I guess they cound't find any rapids :)

17. DEISL

DEISL Member

Me and a pal are fabricating a meyer 7.5 modified 4 springer into a box blade, were gonna sew a few chicken wings on w/ some 3/8 steel, should be a blast.................we'll stay above the cutting edge untill we purr-fect it,ay never know,we may paten@ advertise here on the site....all members get 15% discount.

18. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

And the rest of us will watch you lose a patent infringement lawsuit. Should be a blast.......... ay never know, might make you look more foolish than your last post.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2001
  19. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome Andy! And just so its clear, we'll decide to whom, & when any hazing is done around here ;)

Hey Deisl,
    We're working on that same project here too. Should be fun.

20. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

We had that on a C-8 Meyer.

Worked real well, used it for 6 or 7 years, before V-Plows and wings became popular.

~Didn't windrow and was thus less flexible than some of the newer hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.