1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the Biz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by SweetGreens, Dec 1, 2008.

1. SweetGreens

SweetGreens Junior Member
    from Iowa

I started a Landscaping company in April of 08. I currently have a 2005 Ford F150 Lariat ext cab with a 5.4l v8. I was told that it is not rated for any plows, except a sport plow from BOSS. I have 9 residentials that i will be doing this year. I have a 2005 Bobcat S130 enclosed and heated with a 60" bucket. That is what i plan on using for this year. My question is how effective is this going to be? It has tires not tracks so i dont know how well it will handle. I know it can get a little tipsy when im driving around on hills and stuff. Any help with plow suggestions would be nice to. And also when you guys buy your salt in bulk how do you figure how uch to charge each customer for how much salt you put down? sorry for the stupid questions, i just have no one else to ask!!!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can plow with the 150 with what accounts you have. Look into the Snoway plows with the down pressure.
  3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Good to be honest, the only guys that are having good luck with tracks are CAT, and ASV. Tires will actually work better for snow than tracks, because it puts more # per sq in. to the ground. Look at it this way, if it is good for mud, ie:floats, it is bad for snow. Big wide tires don't work as good as tall skinny tires for snow. Throw some counter weights on the skid, will help with that littler machine. JMO

Good point here. You will be good with a Snoway plow w/DP. I just used my new Snoway last night and the DP works great for back dragging. If your going to get a blade for drives, get a Snoway. Personally since you already have the Skidloader, I would just get a snow bucket for $700-800 and some counter weights for $200 and call it good. I don't see why you would want to drop $4-5k on a blade for just a handful of accounts. Your new to the game, so save the money until you start picking up more accounts. JMO again
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Snoways are really good, But I also agree that a small snow bucket on the skid would work out well, atleast until you decide what you want to do long term.
  5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i wouldnt go the skid route unless your drives are REAL close, travel time in those things sucks between accounts, then if your going to haul it, i wouldnt want to be towing a skid steer in a half ton on snowy roads :cry: i would look at a sno way for your half ton, or a boss if you prefer, but snoway has better plow apps for 1/2 tons.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

26 series Snoway with Down pressure, good fit for both the truck and the job description.
  7. Sal Giovingo

Sal Giovingo Junior Member
    from denver

I have a snoway it is awsome
  8. Sal Giovingo

Sal Giovingo Junior Member
    from denver

What makes a v plow so much better?

:drinkup:What makes a v plow so much better than ::drinkup: