1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to the biz

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by Green's, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Green's

Green's Junior Member

Im looking to start up a sweeping business. I did my homework last fall. I created a business plan, I went out at night watching sweepers sweep parking lots. I also took a 5 hour trip to talk to the owner of a large sweeping company in my state(he was very helpful). I demo 3 sweepers, a Schwarze A4000, Tymco 210 and Eligen Bear Cub.

I live in the northeast and Im looking to do commercial sweeping, road sweeping and construction clean ups(many new commercial/residential developments are going up in my area) so im leaning towards a Schwarze A4000. I believe this sweeper would best benifit my plans.

I have a few questions:

For my business and area im located in the North East, what sweeper would you recommend?

Any one out there own a Schwarze A4000? If so, how to you rate it(pros/cons)?

Im having trouble locating insurance on the sweeper and business. Can anyone refer an insurance company as well as the proper insure I need. Also, what are we looking at per year to insure a 2004 Schwarze A4000 sweeper?

One more question, what/how is the proper way to dispose of the rock salt/sand from spring clean up(will a waste removal company remove the rock salt/sand).

Please feel free to voice your openions or offer any other suggestions
  2. jrd22

jrd22 Junior Member

You can get info. on insurance from NAPSA (North American Power Sweeping Association) at napsaonline.com
    and sweepermarket.com. Both the Schwarze and Tymco are good sweepers. $60-70 per hour is about the average rate. John