1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to snowex products. Need advise.

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by KYFF205, Dec 7, 2010.

1. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

I am still a little new to snow removal. Third year. I just purchased a 1075 pivot pro. When spreading. What is the max spee to drive and what is the best digital dial number for best coverage.
  2. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Don't have that specific model, but a definitive answer is hard to give when conditions change. You may need a lot of salt or just a little depending on the lot's condition.
  3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Consider a few things

1) What type of ice melter are you spreading?
    2) What rate do you want to apply per 1,000 square feet?
    3) How concentrated do you want the material in a given application?

These are only a few considerations. There are many variables when it comes to making deicing applications. I know you will be happy with your 1075. We run many different SnowEx products and have for seven years. They are awesome.

We offer a snow and ice management bidding package that teaches you how to calculate what you are asking as well as many other things.

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package Includes:

#1 Snow & Ice Management Manual – this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who’s first, proposal formats, don’t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD – calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.
  4. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

i run 3/4 for a 3 lane road full is for open lots and on mine an eratic spread at full power
    almost all the way down is truck width
    all are different and this is off bagged rock salt
    it all changes with ice melt and the like
    back into some clean snow
    pick a speed and run it for 15 feet and look at the spread in snow
  5. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

There is no standard setting for spreading, and it will take some trial and error on your part to find what works for your applications. However, here are some recommendations you can use for a starting point:

Maximum speed is around 10 miles per hour. We find that driving 5 mph with the spinner at 99 will typically get you the widest and best coverage. By reducing the spinner speed, you’ll also reduce your spread pattern width.
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

1075 Spreading info

We generally run our 1075 on spinner setting #36. Your ground speed will vary based on the lot. Remember that the faster you drive, the less material per 1,000 square feet is being applied. For us, that spinner speed gives us about a 15 foot spread pattern.

Be sure to measure your lots so you have a staring point to know how much material should be applied. Remember that with application rates, there are many variables that will require you to adjust rates of applications as well as the type of ice melter being applied. Check out a web site called "Peters Chemical Company". You can look up many ice melters and they will give you recommended application rates for that product.

The nice thing about your SnowEx spreader is that you can mix products right in the hopper to increase melting speed as well as give you the opportunity to melt snow at a colder temperature by adding some magnesium or calcium to your (salt) sodium chloride.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us. We are right here in Louisville with you.