1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To Snoway, What generation is my plow?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Wtrski50, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

I'm new to snoway, bought the truck with this plow. I'm assuming its a 28V with DP.

I also need to know what mount I need for a 03 chevy 2500HD crewcab.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

2. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

And what harness for the same truck?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Frame kit 99100872 Center member 99100892 adapter 99100795

4. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

that looks like my old plow, did it come from springfield, on a grey 2500?

5. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Yeah I think it is yours, do you know what year plow it is?

6. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

bought it new in nov of 05, who has it now?

7. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

I bought the whole set up from your buddy here in springfield truck and plow. Haven't figured out why he was selling it yet, everything seems to work pretty good, decient shape. I have a small company here in Springfield, mostly plow drives with a few commercial.

8. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

He does not keep anything very long, I don't thinks there is anything wrong with any of it, he was most likely just bored with it and wanted a new toy. That was a great plow never let me down in three comm plowing season as my main plow. wish I had not sold it now cause the new one is still having problems.

9. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Yeah thats what I thought by the look of things, going to be a long wait for the snow now. Do you know how much I'm looking at for a spare mount and harness for a 2nd truck? Basher helped me out with the part numbers.

10. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

call 309-828-5423 talk to Lyle or Kevin they will give you a good price, that is who you will want to deal with for parts around here, Tell them its my old plow and I told you to call. Just a guess but I think truck mount, light harness and power wire with fuse is going to run you around a $1000 to $1200 not positive though.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wtrski50 drop me an Email (snowtech@basherandson.com) I'll send you a list of all the harness parts and some prices.

12. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Sorry basher did not mean to step on your bussiness. The number I a gave is for the closest dealer to us now. Thanks

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No problem. If you check my post history I advocate the local dealer. If you do not support your local dealer you will not have one, but if he is unable to find what he needs :D

14. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Thanks to both of you for your help and info. Where is the nearest dealer to us... Bloomington? I saw on the snoway site that there is one in Carlinville, but I'm guess thats not where you go.

15. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Yes, Bloomington is the best one I have dealt with close that is still around. Bought four plows from them now plus sold alot more for them to friends. Wherry Machine is the name of the shop. They know the plows and they are a machine and welding shop so if you ever need something fixed/fabbed the can do it for you in house.

16. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Thanks, Have you seen the plow on that truck? Do you think Timbrens would help it out? It seems to squat alot.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

definitely add the timbrens and give the torsion tubes a turn or two and add 5/600 lbs of ballast..

18. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Basher, Will this mount work on a 28V?

Sno-way subframe for 01-07 gmc/chevy sale/trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a 29hd last year only used it a couple of times and i put it on a 01 gmc 2500 hd and i bought a new truck a 2007 dodge 2500 and I am looking for a new subframe if anyone has one let me know. Also in need of wiring (battery power and head lights only i have wireless remote option)

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Chevy changed some things in the front end in 03. That mount will fit on the truck but you will have to do some serious cutting of the front fascia and bumper. I think I'd pass.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  20. Wtrski50

Wtrski50 Junior Member

Alright, Thanks for the help. I'll just buy new. I emailed you a few days back about the list of parts, did you receive that?