1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by S.L.M., Dec 18, 2012.

1. S.L.M.

S.L.M. Junior Member

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the landscaping community in Rhode Island. Can anybody help out with how to price snow blowing driveways, walkways...? I have an Arien 28" hydro pro. Any help is greatly appreciated; just trying to get a grasp on a median price so I'm not under or over charging.
    Cheers,
    Owner S.L.M.
    Trevor Stricklin

2. IDST

IDST Senior Member

I charge $45/hour. wouldn't do anything sidewalk/driveway for under $25. Even if it is 5 minutes

3. S.L.M.

S.L.M. Junior Member

Appreciate your response. That's right about what I had expected. How many inches before you begin your rounds?

4. IDST

IDST Senior Member

Depending on what size of snow blower you have. If you have a big two stage you can wait till the end if you really wanted to. I have a 28 and 36" ariens and you can't stop them. my single stage toro can handle 10 inches easy enough but I wouldn't have very happy customers if I let it get that high. If you had a storm bigger than 6 inches coming in I would start my route around three inches then go back and hit them again after the storm quits. I only snow blow about 5 of my properties sidewalks now. I try to stay in the truck as much as possible.

5. IDST

IDST Senior Member

I should of said I "had" a 28 and 36 inch. I sold them after I got rid of the properties I needed them on.

6. RocketRollinSX

RocketRollinSX Junior Member

All my driveways range from 25-50 dollars. The smaller ones take 20-25 minutes or less on average. Most of the time I can drop my blower and do 2-3 at a time. I have a single stage 21" Toro and a 2 stage 28" Ariens. 5-6" or less the single stage is my choice. The rubber paddles clean right to the pavement.

90% of my drives the people are retired and dont need to go out during the day so I can wait till the storm is done and clean them once. The others I go early and blast them open real quick, then go clean up after the storm is done.