1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to snow removal need a little help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pitbullpalace, Aug 17, 2011.

1. pitbullpalace

pitbullpalace Junior Member

hello i live in fort dodge iowa i have an opportunity to get a contract at the Kohl's store they just put up here i was just wondering if anyone could just give me a guesstimate as to what you may charge to plow its a 65,000 sq ft parking lot any prices thrown out there would just help me kind of get an idea thanks and i appreciate it
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

.01 a sq ft.per plow,
  3. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

all kinds of factors involved but I am game I will say .07 cents a Sq ft. per plow
  4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I will give the answer you don't want to hear. I would not do it and sub it to someone you know that has done large plowing before. There is a ton of liability to a contract like that and with the title saying new to snow it's not a gppd place to start.
    Find a friend, or someone you may know through other work that does snow already. Sub it to them and have them let you plow with them or learn from them. Give them full discloser sp? you will be taking it yourself in the future and want them to teach you. Its a win win and you dont burn any bridges or get any lawsuits in the mean time.
  5. pitbullpalace

pitbullpalace Junior Member

thanks for the help its much appreciated
  6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:help: I think I am bidding to low...$3049.20 per acre sounds like good money payup