1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to snow plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by turftamer, Oct 14, 2007.

1. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

hello, could i put a plow on a 92 f150 ,im going to be plowing drive ways this winter:drinkup: :realmad:

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Yes...7'6" plows fit nicely onto 1/2 ton trucks like yours.

3. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

f150

i hope this old girl can andel this winter:dizzy:

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Well it is a Ford so you should be OK! It's not a 250 or 350, but a 7'6" plow should be no problem.

5. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

you should not have a problem. I have a 95 F-150, been plowing with it for 2 years. Maybe add some air bags in front springs, maybe even heavy duty springs you will be ok.

6. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

thanks for the input all new to this

7. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I have that exact truck witha 7'6" snoway and it plows great. other than the truck being rediculously long. I do have airbags in the front which make a big difference. pics in my sig along with this.
    [​IMG]

8. Subicbay

Subicbay Junior Member

Front end Air bags

Good scoop guys. I have a 04 F150, how much are the "air bags" for the front end? Did you install them yourself? Thanks! wesport

9. topdj

topdj Senior Member

your just north of me Im in Binghamton area

10. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

mine we on the truck when i bought the truck so i cant help at all. but a quick search of the interweb should find you plenty of results. they go inside the front coil springs so those have to be removed to install them....other than that it is running some air lines. mine are mounted on the front upper radiator suport(I think it is called), one for each side.

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i know meyers and fisher make a plow for the 150

12. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

You may find an F150 a little big for driveways. I used one till I got a jeep for a back up used the jeep once ....SOLD the truck. I can do twice the driveways with the jeep.

13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

plowmeister,

you ever have any problems getting it to push? ive been thinking of adding a jeep (girlfriend wants one id prefer a volvo or a suv that doesnt have a removable top) but im worried about having to have a truck follow along with it on bigger storms in case it cant move the banks. and if i had one you know id have a plow on it and want it to work.
    i remember once i asked someone with a wrangler to do a drive for me and he said id have to get someone with a bigger truck he couldnt break the bank the town snowplow left to get into the drive. just curious as to if you had a problem with this.

14. PLOWMAN45

my old jeep had so much low end gearing go through anything chains makes it unstoppable

15. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

how about a sno-way i duno i have never been around them

16. PLOWMAN45

snoway no way

17. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i am not being sarcastic but why not sno-way, as i said i have no NO experiance with them

18. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

yup that ford will Handel snow just fine

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Everybody has their own opinion's. A snoway would be an excellent choice for that truck.

20. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

My ford had 205 ft/lb of torque the jeep has 195 the truck has more weight but I put 500lb of lead in the back of the jeep and use blizak tires. Will a F150 push a bigger lump of snow ? probably, How big a lump do need to push in driveways? would I use a Jeep to plow a street no, or a large parking lot no, why would a truck sutable for that use be good for driveways. I plow 75 driveways/storm with a jeep.