1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to snow plowing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by turftamer, Oct 14, 2007.

1. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

hello, could i put a plow on a 92 f150 ,im going to be doing residential snow removal this winter:drinkup: :help:

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Sure you can but I'd say 7.5 is as big as you want to go.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sure, you can put a plow on anything;

Lawn mower

Bicycle

Yugo

Lamborghini

or just push one by hand

It all comes down to how much and for what (your own driveway or two million sq ft malls) you're going to use it.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow

as long as you have a heavy enough front gross axle weight rating,otherwise you will need timbren load boosters or front air bags.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That would be a first for me Mick, I have never seen one on any of those. Well, I have seen one on a Hurst. ;)

6. Mick

from Maine

There was a picture floating around here (and other places) of a bicycle with a plow on it. Maybe someone knows how to find it. Or try a search on "bicycle". There are plows you can hook to the bumper of a car, so I reckon they could go on a Yugo or Lamborghini. I saw a video somewhere of one on a station wagon.

7. Quality SR

LOL that is too funny. I would love to see that picture.

8. Mick

from Maine

9. Quality SR

That is pretty cool. It looked like it did a good job. Now for the Lamborghini. :cool:

10. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

this was my first plow rig - back in 1862...:dizzy:

plowBike.jpg

11. Quality SR

LMFAO. That is too funny. LOL. Hey it is a good idea, but the only thing missing is the chains on the tires. :rolleyes: I have rode a bike in the snow it is not that easy, let alone a bike with a pull plow. Does that have down pressure and a wire less remote? :dizzy:

12. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

wow to funny sorry i dont want to put one on my new truck i dont think it would be fun plowing a driveway in a 07 f450 4door

13. Quality SR

Do you just do drive ways? Hell if i had that truck i would put a plow and a spreader on that right away. I would put a 7'6" Western or Fisher on your F150. (check ebay there are tons of deals on there now.) That would be good for drive ways. But that F450, Like i said i would put a plow on there. That sounds like a good money maker.

14. Quality SR

For some reason i cant edit. Sorry..
    Hell i was thinking of putting a plow on my 2 WD S-10. To do some drives this year. Hell if you can put one on a Hurst, a S-10 will work. LOL

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  16. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

You need a set of wings on that deal.

;)

17. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

my upgraded fleet... timbrens are a lifesaver!!

lamBlizzard.jpg

lamBoss.jpg

18. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

im just going to do driveways this winter, ill see how much money i can make doing it ,if its good money ill set up the f450 for next winter and ill get some big acounts or something, i can tame the turf i hope i can plow the snow

19. Quality SR

You can get good practice with the 1/2 ton doing driveways. And maybe next year you will go commercial. You will make good money with the F450, you live upstate NY where you get tons of snow. I would put a Wideout or a 9'6" with wings on that baby. Did you check out ebay for the plow for the F150? There are alot of good deals there. I have been looking for a while. Good luck with your find. By the way is your F450 an '08?

20. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

07 f450 powerstroke its got the bullydog kit in it its got about 412hp and 600pt now injecters where down all i see when i hammerdown is black smoke now :drinkup: wesport