1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to snow plowing HELP

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cclc1021, Nov 23, 2005.

1. cclc1021

cclc1021 Junior Member

I've never plowed snow and I have one commercial account that has 3 locations. Currently I have an 1986 F250 Diesel, and a Western Snow Plow. Now I'm in the market for a spreader and snow blower but not sure what to buy. Are there any safety tips while I'm out there. I'm pretty sure that there are some definate do's and don't so I would appreciate any feedback.
  2. MisterIceMan

MisterIceMan Junior Member

I didn't know that Maryland got much snow. I'm new to the industry too. How did you manage to get a commercial account ? Good luck.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite
    First drive slow when plowing tell you get the feel for it. Its alot better to find cracks and bumps going slow. I like the Toro snowblowers myself but you must run all of the gas out in the spring or it is a bit tough getting them to start in the fall. I would start with a tailgate spreader, Boos Makes a nice one as does Snowex and Western. Do not plow with your head sticking out of the window, that can hurt. Use the search engine on plowsite before making a new post, most of this stuff has been talked about alot.

Good Luck Mike