1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to site

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lyinlow867, May 18, 2009.

1. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ive plowed for years but never with my own setup. I have a 99 F150 and just bought a used MD2. Its a complete setup. I cant find anywhere a wire diagram. If there is info I can give you guys to help please let me know and I will let you know. Thank You guys so much.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Start here Meyer manuals. This will get you most everything you need to know in order to install the plow onto your truck. For specific wiring info look under the "hydraulics" category and for headlight specific wiring details simply look under the "Light systems" category.

Note: for research purposes your MD2 would now be refered to as an "EZ-Mount Plus". A helpful detail when searching for resources. :salute:

3. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Well got it all hooked up and now I got one big problem. The blade wont lift. Im not sure if I have the solonid hooked up right but it is making a clickin noise when I move the joystick. So I cant figure out why it wont lift. I will try a couple things today but any info or suggestions would be great.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Check all of your connections!, make sure your solenoid is grounded.

5. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Grounded.......
    How do u ground it? Just with the bolt holes?
    I got power in but none on the other side but do have power on the small with the switch open. Also when I hit the right swing I dont get anything.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Jump the solenoid with a set of jumper cables or a large screwdriver. Does the pump motor then run? If so, then either your solenoid is defective or it doesn't have a good ground.

7. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Yah grounded that sucker good and put the volt meter on the other side and nothing when joystick is switched. Ill try to jump it tomarrow sick of looking at it today

8. lyinlow867

lyinlow867 Junior Member

Ok so I jumped the sol and the plow moves left and right but thats it.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your certain that the ground is 100% on your solenoid and your activation wire is attempting to trip the solenoid; then replace the solenoid.

That won't fix your lack of raise issue as that's a different problem that will need further diagnosed once you can fully operate the plow from the controller. But in most cases it's due to either a stuck A or B valve on the pump unit or a poor connection in the plug between the plow and truck. If you search around here you'll find page after page of diagnostic info on that subject.

10. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Does the plow try to move at all?
    the default function for the meyers plow is to angle left. this means that no valves are open just motor is running.
    Let me know what it is doing or not.
    I will help you through it.