1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to site

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by dan67, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dan67

dan67 Member

I'am new to this site, Been plowing for years retired now, this is my plow now also have a Farmall "H" for the big stuff. Been slow only about 14 ins. this year but it's early. I do about 3000 ft now. I do my own mods, hope i can help in the future. Dan in southern oregon
  2. dan67

dan67 Member

New to this site

New to this site, been plowing for years, retired now. This is my plow now also have a Farmall "H" w/push blade for the big stuff. Have approx 3000 ft and misc to do. I do my own mods. I hope that I can help in the future. Only about 14 in so far but early yet for us. Dan in southern oregon
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  3. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Welcome to the site. You will find lots of info here;)
  4. dan67

dan67 Member

Trying photo again

12-15-08 003.jpg
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

for a Polaris it is a nice looking unit.

Just kidding looks like a great system.
    Just Chains on the Rear? why not on the front also?
    I am just wondering about the shovel due you use that to dig your self out or is it for Snow removal?

welcome and Happy trails to you

how about a Pic of the Farmal H with Plow.

sublime out.
  6. dan67

dan67 Member

"H" plow

Here's my "H" last year, we had a slow start to the snow, we had about 5 feet by the end of the storms. The Shovel on my atv (also an axe) is required in the summer due to fire restrictions so they never come off.

snow pictures 014.jpg
  7. dan67

dan67 Member

As for the front axle, I can't or haven't yet found chains that clear the struts
  8. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking H, gotta love the old Iron.
    is that a home built blade set up or a factory option?

My family has a Ford Jubliee, that my Grandpa bought new.

have you looked into Wheel spacer's, Just an idea.
    quick ebay search I have no idea of if there any good or not. I would just want to have as much traction as possible and Tire Chains are a great boost but with them only on the back and the Polaris have the true 4x4 with both front tires locked in chains on the front would also make a big difference.

anyway thanks for the Pic's and the story of the shovel

sublime out.
  9. dan67

dan67 Member

Sub, the loader is a super six, modified for blade then i change over to bucket in summer to load horse manure, which i have lots of.
  10. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Dan...you're so full of shi*! :D J/k!
    Welcome to the site! Love the old equip set-up to work hard. And we think we have dependability these days...thats when they knew how to make em!