1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by chisum, Jun 15, 2008.

1. chisum

chisum Junior Member

I just wanted to write and say hi. I haven't plowed, at least commercially for the last 4 years since moving from Illinios to norther Wis. Mostly because my truck was getting so rusty that several times a year I would have to adjust the shift linkage as the cab would settle :eek:. but also because picking up contracts in a small northern town is tough. Most have been using the same guy for years. I have been asked by several business to bid on there place though. So I picked up a truck out of Nevada and am going to swap out the cab and bed and put my truck back into service. As you can see from the photos, (if they come out, but ignore the date on them) I drive an older dodge. I have had it forever and couldn't imagine plowing with anything newer. Anyhow, I hope to get to know some of you on here and for those that are dads, happy fathers day.

Jim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

:waving:Welcome to Plowsite and don't get discouraged getting customers. The first one's always the toughest.:drinkup:

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

thats trucks is light years older than me:dizzy:....welcome to the site:waving:

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so which is the good one???

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome! What kind of engines do those things have?? I can't wait for winter.

6. chisum

chisum Junior Member

Its got a 318, 4bbl. automatic. Runs like there is no tomarrow. But the body is so bad I am afraid if I take a corner to fast I may roll off, hahahaha.

The yellow looking one has no engine or trans. It was strickly bought for the body out of Nevada.

7. chisum

chisum Junior Member

I just thought I'd throw in an update. I have got the body off of the yellowish one and just got thru painting the bottom of the cab and inside the front fenders with that por15. I figured I'd do it while its off. My new poly mounts finally got here and I just ordered a complete brake line set for it, mine had been patched in a few spots and its so much easier to do when the body is off the truck and everything is right there. Later this week I'll get the bottom of the bed done with por15 also but I ran out today. So, hopfully next week I can start tearing off the body on the blue one and junking most of that and get the frame cleaned up and ready to mount the other cab.

8. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Good luck picking up those jobs and welcome!