1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New To Site

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MWS LAWN, Dec 23, 2001.

1. MWS LAWN

MWS LAWN Junior Member

HEY SITE, JUST STARTED USING LAWNSITE. BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 7 YEARS. IN VA THERE'S NOT A LOT OF SNOW BUT ENOUGH TO MAKE A LITTLE MONEY WHEN WE ARE NOT CUTTING. I BOUGHT A 99 SUPERDUTY DSL BACK IN JUNE. I THINK IT HAS THE PLOW PREP PACKAGE ON IT. WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD PLOW FOR IT TO DO A LITTLE SNOW WORK. IT'S A EXTEND CAB LONGBED WITH AUTO. TRAN. WHAT ARE SOME EST. PRICES FOR MOUNT KIT PLUS BLADE.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome to plowsite!You dont have the plow prep,it wasnt offered on your model.If you hang a plow,you might want to go with a lighter one,since the diesel already add almost 500 lbs to the front end,overthe 5.4 gasser.Id look at Snow-way,Western,or the new Fisher M series.Id avoid the Diamond,Boss,and Fisher L series,they are very heavy.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Most kits will be between 3-4K. Look for a used one in the local swappers/ classifieds. Can save alot of money.
    Dino

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Welcome to Plowsite

Rick

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Welcome to Plowsite.
    A lot of good and very helpful people here.

Oh yeah. Did I mention most of us are "snow nutz"?

Bruce

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Do a search and join SIMA!

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Welcome to Plowsite. Feel free to ask any questions. Lots of help here.

Just for your knowledge. Using all caps is the equivilant to screaming online. Some people on the site will be very anniyed by it. We all want to stay friendly so please try to typ normally.

8. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite you will get a lot of useful info. :)

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite:D
    Happy Holidays

10. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Welcome to SnoPlow
    Your not too far from Raliegh NC I believe where they had the monstrous snow storm events down there 2 years ago.
    Good luck with the snow events:)