1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to site with old Meyer Plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by redbug2, Dec 6, 2010.

1. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Hello,

I'm new to the site. I just picked up a used Meyer Plow for my 1985 F250 Diesel 4x4. I put an ad in a local paper and found somebody that took the plow off of an 1986 F250. It's about 7' 6" wide.

I would like to find a manual if possible. Are there pdf's available for the plow? Is there any way to identify it? Do the plows have serial numbers stamped on them?

Bought the plow for my 300ft driveway. I used to use old tractors with Chains but just got it paved and the chains are ripping up the new asphalt. I have the old F250 and was going to get rid of it but I decided to get the plow to justify keeping it.

Going to clean it up before I mount it. Attaching a picture of the plow before I unloaded it.
    [​IMG]
    Regards,

Redbug2

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Hello,

The plow appears to be a ST-75 , which is a 7-1/2' "standard" series plow , looks like you got the whole thing as I see the bumper in there also , it was probably welded to the brackets or the main plow frame as I have seen many that are .

Pump looks like an E47 power unit judging from the angle block I can see in the picture .

Reliable , common setup , there are millions out there .

Here : http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/17081 Mtg. 1-615 R5.pdf

That is the .pdf for the mount.

Here: http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-523 R17.pdf

That is the .pdf for the power unit

Good luck with it.

TOM

3. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Nasty-Z,

Thanks for the information. Yes, everything is there. Previous owner junked his old truck and took everything off. Wiring was all there along with the toggle switches. He said the only thing I will need is an Off/On toggle switch.

Removal was nicely done also, there is only one bolt hole that shows slight signs of a cutting torch. I will have to buy some new bolts but that's fine. Bumper is not welded to plow, owner was junking the old truck and did not want to bother removing it.

Side to side pistons are a little pitted but I believe they will work. Up and down cylinder looks great. Owner said everything was working fine when he removed it.

$400 for everything, I thought that was a fair deal.

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Run quick , you stole that !!

Where in PA are you?

TOM

5. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Ok, good to hear that the price was good. I probably could have talked him down more but I thought I was getting a good deal.

Took the bumper off today, wire brushed the mud and loose stuff off of frame then treated with some type of rust etching liquid. Took the wiring off and headlights. Sealed beams were not that sealed and full of water, new ones tomorrow. Took power unit off, then motor off.. A little wet in there. Cleaned it up and put it back on, bench tested with battery and it worked. I'm going to see if I can buy a rebuild kit. Motor unit is E4.

I don't have the wiring diagram but I'm thinking that I need a selonoid to power the motor? Will need a toggle to power the selonoid. Will go to meyer and check manuals.

I live in Southeastern PA, around Pottstown.

Frame covered with solution.
    [​IMG]

Pump before I opened it.
    [​IMG]

6. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

How did you navigate to those manuals? I can't figure it out on the Meyers site.... Would like to find other manuals, owners, wiring, etc.

Wait, I think I figured it out. Looks like their manuals cover all plows.

Still looking for Wiring though, I may find it..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  7. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Go here : http://www.meyerproducts.com/TechSupport/ServiceManualsandInstallationInstructions.aspx

Then just choose from the drop down menu.

You are about an hour from me , I am near Allentown .

If you need anything let me know.

TOM

8. redbug2

redbug2 Junior Member
    from PA

Painted the plow and welded patches to fill the holes, looks ok now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's an ST-90, found out by looking at the small sticker on the back of the plow... Any chance of getting a new sticker? Where could I find one?

[​IMG]

Plow worked well on my first snowfall. No slippage on my driveway, plenty of power with the truck over my old tractor. Now on to the lights. Got them working once, now they stopped. More circuit testing. I opted out of the switch under the dash for the headlights, made an adapter. I take the truck plug off of the truck headlights and plug one of them into my adapter that then runs the plow headlights.

9. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

10. swa136

swa136 Senior Member