1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to site n plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by stunter2boy79, Sep 26, 2005.

1. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

hello everyone, i just got a 96 chevy blazer 4x4 and would like to purchase a plow for it and plow driveways. my ? is what it a good plow out there. will my blazer be able to handle regular driveways. how big of a plow do i need.
  2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

sure it will work, but do you have any drives or experience. Is this a part-time gig or full-time? I would suggest a 7 1/2' and find someone to sub for. This way all you have to worry about is plowing, not how to get them, and more importantly getting your money. This way after a couple years of subbing you'll know how to write your contract based on your experience.
  3. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

it would just be a part time thing. no i never plowed before. i was just goin to start by practicing on my realitves drivways and all. i wouldnt want no more than like 10 15 houses.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

If your blazer is a full size then a 7.5 would be fine. Good advice for choosing a plow is who is the closest dealer and how available are they on odd hours during storms. If for example the closest dealer sells Fisher and he opens up at night during storms I would go with that...get my point? Maybe look into gettin a used plow and buy a mount for your truck at the closest dealer. I prefer Fisher, but most everybody uses Meyer here in Raleigh NC, I can get both here but the dealer advised me to get a Meyer when I buy one because more places stock parts for them, since that seems to be the blade of choice. Good luck.
  5. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

thanks and i do know what you mean bout the hrs open.