1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to site and need some help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pushinsno, Oct 6, 2009.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

I bought a meyers plow for 2002 avalanche 2500, i looked on the internet at the diagram for hooking up the lights and it resembles nothing like what i have now with the plow. The plow is used it has the e-60 pump, and c-4 blade at least thats what it says on the back of the blade. The harness i have several has several what seems to be water tight female and male connectors, and then several lone wires as well. I guess what i am asking does the lone wires have to be spliced into the wires that with the factory truck lights and then the male and female conectors get put together. I hope that i aming sense here and some on can help me. Thanks and take care

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Do you have Saber Lights with Modules or old truck style lights with rubber plugs?

Can you post pictures of what you have?

4. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

Its the old style lights that has one big rubber plug at the end of the lights..... I figured out what i have to do with the plugs in the harness but i dont know where or what on this harness to splice into to have power unless the power comes the plugs that are on it from pluggin it into the truck lights and does this harness need to be grounded any where or is that what the relays take care of

5. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Pics would be good.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

won't hear from him again until he has another problem

7. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

no that isnt true at all i just sit on here all day looking for any answers that i may get, and tha harness came off a 2002 gmc and came with the plow i am sure is basically like any other harness, it has the headlight adapters and the big relay pack i am asking if the harness has to be spliced into other power for it to work, it is the old style headlights not the night sabers, and the diagrams on the meyers website donest help since it isnt showing me the truck side harness

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need to post some GOOD QUALITY pics. There's about 5 different truck side lighting harness's for a Meyer over the last 15 years and no two are exactly the same. Without knowing exactly what you have it's a shot in the dark to provide you with even a little help.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Just one??