1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Plowsite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmshortbox, Jun 2, 2002.

1. gmshortbox

gmshortbox Junior Member
    from Mi.

This is really a awesome websit.I am looking forward to spending some time on here.All most makes wish witer would hurry up and get here.
    Well maybe not to fast.Been involved in the plowing snow business for close to 30 years.
    Hope you guys have a great day.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Welcome to the site. This time of year, its a little slow, but once october roles around, there are a ton of threads and people always here with lots of info to share.
  3. gmshortbox

gmshortbox Junior Member
    from Mi.

Thank you mdb

Guess I will look forward to october.
    Maybe by then I will learn how to spell.LOL
    Guess it is just one of those days.
    Thanks again.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome !

Where in MI are you from ?
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome Aboard

(I gotta talk to Chuck K about adding some new smilies)

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome aboard.....
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

welcome to plowsite, like the others said its slow right now but once winter comes it is bouncing :)
  8. gmshortbox

gmshortbox Junior Member
    from Mi.

Live west of Kalamazoo.Seems like everybody and there brother plows around here.Thats ok
    with me,just that many more friends to help in case you get stuck.

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Yeah, its the same around Grand Rapids. The only good thing is though, that the development is going nuts, with lots of new accounts available all the time for those who want to grow.

I get sick of all the price shoppers though. People have so many choices they could just take the low bidder and have a new guy every year for a lifetime.

I am always amazed at how low some of the bids are that we go up against.
  10. gmshortbox

gmshortbox Junior Member
    from Mi.

I know what you mean about low bidders.
    We got guys around here doing drives for
    $6-8 belive it or not.Check this Bill Kapps
    restaurants for $15-20 don't think so.
    Saw something on TV 8 news about plow guys.
    Don't you guys need kind of license from the city or something to plow? We don't here,maybe thats part of the problem.
    Around here you got a plow truck,your in business.Something wrong with that picture.
  11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

can't belive it they would have to do mega drives and commercial just to pay for there gas.Well i would point out to any one on these guys for insurand if they damage something and there prompness to be there when needed .What I would do is have some one hire those cheap guys but give them a contract and if not carried out repo their trucks as part of the contract.:)
  12. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Welcome to plow site! stick around and learn alot.