1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Plowsite....My Powerstroke

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by abbe, Sep 8, 2009.

1. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Hey guys new to Plowsite. Got this truck back in March, after a bad drunk driving accident in January that wrecked my ranger. i was the victim not the drunk lol. I scored this truck for $8400 with 153k on it. I did the front end over, put new Firestones on it, and put ISSPRO pillar gauges in. I also have a TS chip which is being sent back for a reburn now. I plan on Changing the front and rear diffs along with the Tcase with royal purple synthetic. I picked up the push plates from my uncle for free, and i bought the entire wiring harness off craigslist for $300. My buddy is giving me his old MM1 for $600 so i cant beat that deal. i plan a full rehab on it. im going to cut the skin off of it and sandblast it all. im going to have a piece of stainless rolled and weld that on for my own "X" blade. The truck has been my baby for the last few months and im sure i forgot even more things i've done to it. oh i also removed a ugly visor. I put the back rack on also. But sorry for the junky quality, only camera i had. let me know what you guys think. ussmileyflag
    By the way im 18yrs old and in college now, this is my first diesel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a view showig the Gauge pod.
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Nice truck. It sure is very clean. Good luck this comming winter.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Resize your pictures next time,

Nice truck, can't beat them. :drinkup:

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since your a Ford owner you can stay!:nod:

5. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

nice what year is that 2000?

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Good guess. :rolleyes: :D

7. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Yo man that's a nice truck. Is it a stick or auto? Is this your first year plowing?

-Bill

PS welcome to plowsite!!

8. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

yessir. and yeah ive plowed with my buddy for the last year. His screename is Ford PSD i believe. hes got a 97 psd with a mm. so i kinda know the jist lol. and thanks for the welcome:nod:

9. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

very nice im looking at an 02 f350 ext cab with a brandy new (on season) 8ft ultra mount

10. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

It's and Auto all original too i believe. Itll be seeing the shop next spring for a little freshening up.

11. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

nice truck i love these 7.3's im on my second one and i love it. good luck with it.

12. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

What kinda shape is it in? this thing was never plowed. it was babied most of its life and cruised country roads. when i first got it i romped it on the way home you wouldnt believe the smoke it put out. Its just starting to get a few bubbles on the wheel well so im going to sand it and por15 it and put factory ford flares on

13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you seal up all them holes on the roof. The visor may have been ugly. But they are screwed in

14. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

First of...welcome to the site. Nice rig you have there! It sounds like you're off to a good start. If you plan on getting some lettering, feel free to look me up.

15. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

yea that visor wasn't properly siliconed down when the put it on. I had water in the cab and I traced it back to the visor. It rotted some bad holes. I silicones them shut for now. I am having the paint mixed and I am going to mig some patches in and skim coat them. Then have it sprayed

16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

If you are going to have the trans out, look into the transgo II shift package. It will help to prolong the life of your trans and its shifts amazingly fast and soft.

Thats a real nice truck!!!

17. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Thanks alot...it eats up some free time taking care of it lol. and alright ill look into that kit because i wanna do something to help it out after this winter.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Beauty of a truck.

Hopefully yours doesn't have any heat shield errrr torque convertor noise. :rolleyes:

Think about looking into a BTS tranny, you won't regret it.

19. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

yeah ive heard all great things on PSN and the .org about BTS. how much am i looking at for a complete tranny? maybe after plow season and next summer.........

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

A BTS trans is def a great trans. But the quote I got with shipping and all was around six grand. That was for a well built trans with an upgraded triple disk torque converter but still, it was a bit too rich for me. I had my trans rebuilt locally and built up pretty well. I had some probs with it and it was nice to just have to take it back to the shop and they fix it. They ended up putting in the transgo for me and I haven't had an issue yet. I also have an upgraded TC and the total was $2500 including a 20 mile tow since trannies never go when you expect it. Lol