1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plows have questions. Quick?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pushnf8, Apr 9, 2010.

1. pushnf8

pushnf8 Junior Member
    from NH

Hello guys. I picked up a 2004 (new body style) F150 last year. I decided that being I have a truck Im done snowblowing. Already put a set of mm pushplates on the truck. I just picked up a mm1 plow that was a 2 plug but was converted to a 3 plug (great deal from buddy). My question is what are my wiring options? Do I need to get a 3 wire setup for my truck or would it be cheaper to convert back to a 2 plug and go that route? My father has a mm1 with a 2 plug so it would be nice to have the plows work alternatly if needed but not a requirment. Im not scared to do any wiring. Looking for the cheapest way to get it working but would also like it reliable. If I go the 3 plug route are all the parts/wires truck specific? Local shop qouted my $550 for everything I need for a 3 plug (out door, not installed). Searches arent really giving me much info, if you know a place I can get this info I would appreciate it.
    Parker

2. pushnf8

pushnf8 Junior Member
    from NH

Really. I must be wording this wrong. I have found out I need a 3 plug setup for my truck but cant find someone to tell me why. Im going to just install the 3 plug setup. Still cant find out if the mod boxes are specific to the trucks or if any 3 or 4 port one would work. I guess it's the wrong time of the year to get plowing info:confused:

3. josh9410

josh9410 Member

You are required to run the 3 plug set up on your truck due to how new it is, and how they engineered the lighting system on your truck...you can only run the old relay set up on the old body style fords...ford and dodge runb the same iso mods, just go to www.fisherplows.com and see what is compatable with your truck for iso mods

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If need be you can get yourself an extra 2plug to 3plug conversion harness to change your fathers over to a three plug if the need arises....and you COULD wire your truck for a two plug, it would just take some thinking and planning to do so, not worth it IMO as your only going to find more and more three plug plows around as time goes on.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ditto, wire the other truck and plow for 3 plug too, no point in attempting to go backward.

6. pushnf8

pushnf8 Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks guys. I think its best to keep the 3 plug also. Found local guy selling what he claims is a full wiring kit for a 3 plug. That is just the truck side with mod box, relay, and all harnesses. He wants $350 for it all. Claims its all in great shape with minimal use. Any thoughts? Good deal or should I buy new?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's complete and in good shape it's worth $350. Would cost around $500-ish to purchase it new.