1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing...Would this set-up work?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by JMFWSU, Oct 3, 2009.

1. JMFWSU

JMFWSU Junior Member
    from WA

Hi,

I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra (automatic, V8, 4X4), and I'm thinking about getting a Snowbear Altitude. I think the setup is only about 260 lbs. The only plowing I plan to do is my own driveway, which is a level 1/4 mile.

If I take it easy, should this be alright for my truck? Also, my shocks and struts need to be replaced. Should I have them replaced with a heavier duty set, or is stock specs good enough.

This will be the first time I've ever plowed, so I really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

3. malamuteman_1

malamuteman_1 Junior Member

I have had a fisher homesteader for the last 5 years has done a surprisingly good job,you cant beat on them when the sno starts to get heavy and frozen but if you take it easy and push back as far as possible from the start they do a great job for a light duty plow I had this on a 99 f150 I have just purchased a Blizzard 860HD for my 2006 ram 2500HD cant wait to use it just put 4 General AT Grabbers on it too

4. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

The Snowbear will be just fine. It's better than you think.