1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing-will this work on my truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bikeluver43, Jan 5, 2005.

1. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Hello, I have a 1994 F150 4x4 that I want to put a plow on. I found in the local want ad's a guy who has an older MEYER plow setup (minus the blade). It was originally mounted on a 1984 F150, and is an electric/hydraulic setup. I still haven't seen it yet, so I'm assuming its the older style mount and not an EZ Mount. Will this bolt up to my newer truck? I have a blade already lined up if this will work, so your input is greatly appreciated.

2. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

I'm not sure, I'm doubting it though. Go to the Welding/Fabrication Forum and ask there, I'm sure somebody there has run into this problem before. My thinking is that through the years they have built trucks stronger (or so they say) so one from 10 years ago doesn't have the same specs as one today.

Chris

3. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

The only problem I seem to be running into from people is the fact that in 92-96 F150/Bronco is that Ford changed the frame over to a "crumple Frame" where the front of the frame has an acordian type of look to it. I haven't checked yet, but from what a friend says is that I'll just have to drill a few holes for the bolts in my frame. I just don't want to make a 2 1/2 hour drive for something I can't use.

4. mjm725

mjm725 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have done the swap from a 1990 F250 to a 2003 F250 and had to purchase the EZmount setup for the new truck. had to drill some holes but all in all was fairly easy. the cost was around $700.00 for all the parts. The old Meyers A-frame, pump and wiring will all work. I have a 71/2 snoway down pressure for sale all wiring included just needs truckside mount. I'll let it go for 1400.00 let me know if your interested I can e-mail you pics.

MJM Construction
    Dan

5. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I appreciate the offer but the setup I'm looking at is going cost less than half of your asking price, and since I'm stretching to afford this one, I definitely can't afford yours. I wish I could as your setup is nicer and newer, but right now the funds are extremelly low. Thanks again, for the info and offer. :drinkup:

6. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

None of my business really, but the setup you are looking at has no blade, you said, and you will almost definitely need the vehicle mount for it, as well as some wiring, you might want to look into that carefully before you really start comparing the cost of these two setups.

Just a thought.

-Jer

7. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

The reason I'm looking at this other setup is that it includes everything-push plates, electric/hydraulic's, controls, wiring=everything except for the blade. Its a bolt on and go system, minus a blade for $300. I've found a few blades for $250-300, which is a lot cheaper than $1400. This is why I was asking if this setup would bolt onto my truck with a little drilling, which apparently it will. :drinkup:

8. mpflood

mpflood Member

lol

ya might want to buy a spare rear bumber for that thing too!

9. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I don't get it. :confused:

10. mpflood

mpflood Member

you will

new to plowing, check your rear view well!

11. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I've tried PMing you but it won't let me. Could you email me some pics of your plow setup- I may be able to work something out- rellis19@hotmail.com