1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing... what to get and where?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bmiller1980, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bmiller1980

bmiller1980 Junior Member

im gonna start plowing this year and am looking for a plow setup for my 5.9l 2002 dodge ram 1500... any ideas or anyone selling a plow setup for this truck??? please call or text 908 235 1764. thanks! :mechanic:

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

what type of plowing do you want to do? resi or commercial

your available 24/7?

you going to plow for your self or for someone else?

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get a shovel....at WalMart

4. bmiller1980

Wow pretty funny...

5. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

check out craigslist you can usually get a used 7.6er for around 1500 complete.....

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should get a 7.5' Fisher, Western, Blizzard, Boss, Meyer, Snow Dogg, Hinker, Curtis, or SnoWay plow IMO.:D Or like hydro 37 said, a shovel from Wal*Mart would also work.:D

7. bmiller1980

Ya I need to know what hookup I need, and what plow would work best with my truck, n I'm not made of money, so I am looking for a reasonably priced setup

8. mercer_me

What do you mean by hook up? A 7.5' Boss Standard Duty would work good on you truck IMO. They are also realy easy to hook up.

9. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

Not a bigger plow then 7.6 i'd get a fisher, boss or western which ever is in your budget. You can usually find decent plows on craigslist for good prices.....

Your going to need the wiring harness, headlight harness, and mounting brackets for YOUR truck.

10. bmiller1980

Ok, do you know where I could get one? I am starting commercial plowing this year, so I need to get a setup soon...

11. mercer_me

Go to your local Boss dealer to get a Boss. Go to your local Fisher dealer to get a Fisher.

12. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

dont get a meyer classic mount its a pain to put on and off western unimount is fast and easy

oh and get a spare trans for that dodge :D

13. bmiller1980

I'm really looking to get used... Not made of money ha

14. bmiller1980

Haha my trans is already fukt, lol dodge trannys suckkkk

15. mercer_me

Craigs List is a good place to find used plows.

16. blk90s13

17. bmiller1980

Thank you everyone who helped, (except the shovel at walmart part) heh. I appreciate it, n thanks for that ebay page, gonna check it out and put a bid in

18. mercer_me

I strongly recomend you get a 7.5' Boss. But it's your money so get what you like best.

19. blk90s13

One thing to keep in mind when buying a plow is how far is the dealer from you.

20. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

You're high.