1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing, what to charge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by oddjobbers, Nov 10, 2009.

1. oddjobbers

oddjobbers Junior Member

hey guys, i just got a plow finanlly, actually not installed yet but will be soon, i have a few driveways and a small commercial lot to do, i dont have much overhead but need to k now where to start with charging, and insurance needed, the commercial lot is about 10 cars, and i dont want to get a sander, do i hire a guy to do sanding when needed?

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

for a 10 car lot, starting out on your own, you go to home depot and buy a shovel, or a push spreader, as far as prices are concerned, i haven't a clue, but lots of guys on here well be able to give you a idea. good luck

3. BM'S PLOWING

BM'S PLOWING Member
    from MASS.

First, good luck. I am in Easthampton, so not to far from you. If you really run into a bind with the Sanding let me know. I may be able to help you out with that aspect if you need it when i am done. Residential is $35 or so depending on what is involved. I charge $40 per drive and don't have to get out of the truck. Rate then depends on what the customer wants. Commercial, good luck. It all depnds on how much of a PITA it is. If you have any questions feel free to PM.

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Bidding help

Snow & Ice Management Bidding Package
    Includes:
    #1 Snow & Ice Management Manual – this is a comprehensive manual covering all aspects of snow & ice management for both residential and commercial accounts. Also includes application rates for many different deicing materials.

#2 Snow & Ice Management CD full of templates for contracts, route sheets, hours of operation sheets, Who’s first, proposal formats, don’t take the risk template for clients, sample invoices, sample marketing forms and much more. All these templates are in Microsoft Word format and are completely customizable to your business.

#3 Snow & Ice Management Quick Estimator CD – calculates per push, per event, hourly or season contracts. Also calculates material application rates for both granular and liquid applications for any deicing material that you may be using. This CD also calculates time and material for application of material, and hand labor as well. This CD runs in Microsoft Excel and is not software. You simply fill in the blanks and you have your estimate.

Go to www.profitsareus.com or call us at 800-845-0499 to order. Feel free to call us with any questions you might have as well. Being a full-service lawn & landscaping business myself since 1979, I know what a contractor is looking for; something simple, accurate and professional. This package is it.