1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing this year

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dana60f250, Nov 3, 2009.

1. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

hey guys i am going to try to get into plowing this year and was wondering if u could give me a heads up on what r good brands to buy in tailgate spreaders. im going to try to buys used equipment so if u could give me some things to look for id appreciate it. i have a guy that wants to sell me a Buyers tailgate spreader that swings open to access the bed and it holds 600 lbs of salt and he wants $550. he said he bought it for a back up 2 years ago and never used it.

2. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

common guys u cant give me any advice at all

3. jblatti13

jblatti13 Senior Member

i have a snowex 575 so im not familiar with the buyers spreaders. however, based on what my knowledge is of tailgate spreaders, if it looks like its in good condition, not alot of rust, the auger and spreader run, the motor box doenst look damaged, then id say itd be worth 550, especially if it comes with a controller for your truck. the controller on mine runs around 250 by itself, if that helps put it in perspective.mione only holds about 400 # so if that holds 6, and it looks okay, go for it.

4. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

thank u im gonna pick it up tomorrow

5. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

i think you can get it from northern tool for like 6 or 700 but the mount is separate.

6. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

scratch that... its a grand brand new plus 250 for the mount.