1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing question about Bank parking lot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AzonPM, Dec 13, 2005.

1. AzonPM

AzonPM Junior Member

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to plowing this season and was contacted today about plowing 7 local bank parking lots. I have no clue about how to quote it or if I should even take it since I would need to buy a second truck ASAP.

Any advice?
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a truck that needs to be financed unless you can make enough money to keep it busy year round. Look for two old 82-87 Chevy 3/4 tons, prferably that weren't plow trucks before. You should be able to gret 2 nice ones for $5000.

Secondly why is this bank not under contract already, somthing doesn't sound right, find out who did them before. Ask why they aren't doing em now.
  3. AzonPM

AzonPM Junior Member

I was puzzled too, when the lady called she said can you plow a couple places, I said sure and she emailed me the addresses. I assumed they were bank owned properties since we are a property management company but when I read the addresses and contract they were bank locations.

I wonder too what happened to the other person???? We have had 3 plowable storms already.
  4. drmiller100

drmiller100 Senior Member
    from idaho

the other guy didn't get it done.
  5. AzonPM

AzonPM Junior Member

Thats what I assume

It's a new contract, and that are a lot of stipulations. They can fine you if you don't provide the proper services. I guess some people are not interested in that type of work.

For the money they are paying I am ALL for it.
  6. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Good luck with it! Sounds like you might have found a cash cow, errr, I mean good customer! payup
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I don't want to get into a shouting match with anyone but back in Nov. you said you do snowplowing for your customers if you couldn't find anybody that would sub. for you. Now in this post you don't know how to price a job. So how would you know if I gave you a good price or not?