1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing. please help...

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by firebug130, Feb 7, 2006.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I have a 1999 tacoma ext cab v6 trd. I have a small lawn service and about 10 small parking lots that I have aquired for snow removal. I would like to try to put a plow on this truck but am not having much luck with mounting brackets for this application. At this time i really can't afford to purchase a new set up for about 4k-5k. I have been looking on ebay and I find a few nice plows, however I am not sure if i will be able to get a mounting bracket for my truck, new or used. I have called meyer, western, fischer, curtis and sno way and all except sno way said that they had nothing for my truck. I realize that my truck will not be able to do a bunch of heavy plowing but in ky we rarely get more that 4-5 meaningful snow falls per year. I do not mind buying a used set up from someone, i would just like to know that i would be able to get the right mounting hardware to use on my truck. Any help would be great. Also how do you think this truck will do with a small plow ( 6.5 - 7.5 ) Thanks again.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Curtis 7 Foot
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

If snoway is your only bet, than you can try looking for a blade and just buy the subframe new. I would think 7' max for a tacoma. You may want to go smaller and put some pro wings on the blade so you can move snow around better.