1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing /New to the site 1995 F150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tmull27216, Feb 2, 2014.

1. tmull27216

tmull27216 Junior Member

This year will be my first year plowing.. Yes its very late in the season and I plan on plowing only my driveway and maybe two of my nearby relatives.
    ( If its snows again!)

My truck is 1995 F150 4X4 6CYL 5spd. The plow is an older meyers with an e47 pump. The plow came off of an older Dodge Power Wagon 2500.I had to custom make the push plate and redo all of the wiring . Took a while but its done.

I have a few questions that I was hoping I can get some feedback

-The pistons that angle the plow leak where the hoses attach. Should I be using teflon tape on the threads?

-In the near future ( time and money money and time ) I will be purchasing new hoses. Are the couplings standard or can I upgrade the couplings?

- The truck has added springs in the back and a two inch lift block under the front springs. I plan on getting new coil springs and maybe an air bag for when the plow is on. There are two options I was thinking of with the new springs Moog CC844 or Moog CC844S. Does anyone have any experience using either of these coil springs?
  2. thenemomachine

thenemomachine Junior Member

I had the same setup ( plow and truck) but 1994 and auto.
    I used a bit of Teflon tape. Im not sure if you are supposed to use anything or not but it worked for me. I think the fittings are standard because the hoses are. Mine had 2 front shocks on each side and i just replace them with heavy duty ones, i never changed the springs.