1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing.. New to site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jeremie444, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Jeremie444

Jeremie444 Junior Member

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting questions. My name is Jeremie and I just purchased a Fisher MM1 8ft for my 95 F-250 Powerstroke. I'm a home owner and aircraft maintenance tech for a large corporation. I am looking around here to try and figure out ways to mount and maintain my personal trucks plow. I also figure if we have some kind of issue at work with the 2 Myers plow setups we have I may be able to find useful knowledge on here.

Basically i'm here to learn and help if I can...

2. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

Welcome, search is your friend use it then ask questions. what kind of snow operator are you some of use are growing business, others just trying to keep the beer fridge full.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

This forum is a great resource to tap into for info also a great place to find networking oppertunity's as well.

So the 444 in you sig is related to the PS 7.3l displacement, if so nice.......

4. Jeremie444

Jeremie444 Junior Member

Yes the 444 is related to the 7.3l Powerstroke in my personal truck:nod:

I am putting the plow on my truck just to plow out my dads and my place.

I will be plowing my company's (Large Pharmaceutical Chain) Hangar Ramp and parking lot's. Using a TUG(2wd) with a myers 7.5" and a GMC Yukon with I think the same setup maybe a little newer. Don't know much about Myers setups.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You'll start out doing your place and your dads, then you'll be lured by the romance and excessive money that plowing commercially offers like it has done to all of us........

6. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

lol, he plowing a plane hanger & prob a big lot, it dont get more romantic then that. I'd trade a few commercial lots to plow at an airport, I bet there is less curbs to worry about :nod: I dont know myers but Welcome to plowsite 444

7. Jeremie444

Jeremie444 Junior Member

Yeah that's what everyone has been saying, once you get a taste of the money you'll start plowing for money, well my hours at my job really don't allow for me to have accounts. I can't be one hundred percent sure that i'll be able to be there every single time it snows.
    The snow removal on the ramp side of the airport is independent of the actual airport facilities(which is state) We're on the private sector of the airport so no state money funding my plowing, the company I work for is responsible for maintaining their portion of the ramp, and our own parking lot.

8. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

444 hope you have the right insurance you make a boo boo on a Cessna or a mooney it will hurt the wallet for sure.

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

good luck on plowing this winter, we wish for a safe winter

10. Jeremie444

Jeremie444 Junior Member

Thanks, the company has insurance but I usually don't plow near the planes, the more experienced guys usually get there first.

I have a question about push plate (MM1) mounting for my F250.. best area to post this?

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

In the Fisher section would be the place to ask about your mounting or you could just email them.