1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing, needing help...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kissfan007, Dec 23, 2008.

1. kissfan007

kissfan007 Junior Member

Alright, as you may have guessed, I am brand new to plowing. My dad and I worked on this thing most of the summer, and finally got it mounted. Based on reading some other posts, I'm guessing this may be a MM1?

[​IMG]

You can see where the ram doesn't come down all the way, is that normal?

[​IMG]

This is the pump, I'm assuming, but I've done some research and found NOTHING about Wapsa?

So, this plow works, but it is pretty slow to move up, or side to side. Couple of questions. Where is the fluid fill plug at, since this pump doesn't seem to have the fluid level plug. Hoping it's something easy, cause it's snowing like crazy here. Thanks for any advice.

Any pictures would be of GREAT help.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Fluid drain plug should be underneath the square housing (large allen wrench needed) below the motor (cylinder). Make sure to collapse the lift arm and move blade left and right to drain out all the fluid. Fill plug should be on top of the square housing ( I think). WASPA is probably a replacement motor. Looks like a MM1. Can u post more pics of the plow?

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

That lift ram looks badly rusted- You might want to replace it. Do the angle rams look like that?

4. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Looks like my mm1. Old style but works just fine, you can rub down rust spots with emery paper or steel wool with some wd-40. Just clean them well after with brake cleaner. Ram does not go down because chain is too long for height of front end. Set it so it is high enough to travel down the road but will drop enough when you at the peak of a driveway and it allows blade to touch ground. Like stated above drain change fluid maybe twice if real dirty. You can get fisher fluid but I use dex-2 atf, some say it is not good to use but I have had no trouble in 5-years. Good luck

5. kissfan007

kissfan007 Junior Member

Negative, there is no rust on the angle rams.

6. kissfan007

kissfan007 Junior Member

Certainly, anything in particular that I need to pay attention to, that would help out?