1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing need tips

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dgfbmx22, Jan 26, 2010.

1. dgfbmx22

dgfbmx22 Junior Member

i just got a new 7.5 foot plow for my ram 1500. i need some plowing tips. i havent done it before. most of my driveways are small. i would be grateful for anything. plowing uphill..should i reverse up and go down or just go straight up??? blade angling? garage doors at end of driveway??

2. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

dont slip off the drive way . know the boundries of drive way and grass.

3. dchr

dchr Senior Member

I'm sure more veteran guy's will chime in but the best thing I can tell you is take it slow and easy until you get a feel for it,although this may never come,some people just don't have it in them. You will learn when you are pushing the equipment to hard,what the truck and plow should sound like etc. Make sure you know where the edges,drop offs are. As far as uphill/down hill driveway-all depends on where the snow can be put.Try to plan where the snow can be piled and plan ahead for future storms. As far as garage doors go search back dragging-once again go slow and don't get to close until you know the truck/plow. Experience/seat time is the best teacher. 2nd best is if your fortunate enough to ride with an experienced operator.
    Best of luck.

4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

5. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I forgot to mention the most important part. Plow With The Storm. Don't wait until the storm is over or you may not be able to move it. If you are only going to get a few inches then it could be alright. Either way, you need to worry about the drifting that can really add up. Good Luck

6. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Low and slow!!!

7. lowazztruck

lowazztruck Junior Member

some good info here