1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing, need help lowering blade.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by I8URVTEC, Dec 5, 2005.

I8URVTEC Junior Member

Hey everyone. I am the operations manager at an industrial tool distributorship. In the fall we purchased a Silverado 2500 diesel. I have a 7.5' Boss plow on it. Last weekend we had about 1-1/2"-2" of snow. The plow went over it without even touching the snow. I know there is a way to lower the bottom portion of the blade so that it touches but I am not sure how. Basically the feet of the plow just slide along but the blade never gets low enough to touch pavement. Please help. Thanks.

I8URVTEC Junior Member

Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess there is just a stack of washers on the feet and you take as many off as you need to get the blade closer. It's plowing much better now!
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Take the shoes off totally, you'll do a much better job without them. I only use them when plowing gravel lots to keep the plow from diggin in, and maybe a brick paver drive, but other than that their off.

Good Luck

I8URVTEC Junior Member

Ok, thanks for the advise. I only need to plow three places...one is a paved office, the other is a paved driveway but the last on is an unpaved driveway. I guess I could put them on for that driveway and take them off for the others.