1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing, HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by COLONEL LANDSCAPING, Oct 6, 2003.

1. COLONEL LANDSCAPING

COLONEL LANDSCAPING Junior Member

Hello, my name is nick and im from se ct. this will be my first year plowing with an actual truck dodge ram 1500. i have plowed with tractors and such.
    What do i need to look for and what are some NEED TO KNOW things about plowing? any help would be appreciated

2. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

Welcome to plowsite:waving:

You may want to take a look at the FAQ section at the top of the page. You will find a lot of answers to your question

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Welcome to Plowsite Nick.

Along with the FAQ,try a search,and you will find tons of good info.

Any more questions,feel free to ask.

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You could perhaps contact Chuck Smith via PM or email. He is the author of Snowplowing Handbook. I have a copy of his and it is load full of information there. It was a huge asset to me when I was just starting out in plowing. It do come with a price (for book), but well worth it! :)

Welcome to Plowsite! :waving:

5. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

Hi,
    Welcome to Plow-site.
    One of the first things you should get started with is Insurance. After reading on that topic here you will see that will be one of your hardest challenges. It takes time so you want to get started on that very quickly. It is also one of the most important thing you can do. You have to protect yourself.

Ray

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Good to see some more CT representation on here. Welcome to the site. The Search button and FAQ should help you tons. Let me know where your from in CT. :)

Jay

7. COLONEL LANDSCAPING

COLONEL LANDSCAPING Junior Member

Thank's for all of your help,
    I am from Ledyard CT

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

right by foxwoods who does there plowing ??

9. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

The cowboys in there Fords with Fishers chase the Indians in their Dodges with westerns in a Yellow VS Red Match :)

Jay

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Welcome
    I to am from SECT, I plow mostly in Norwich. Anyway to answer who plows Foxwoods, it is done by the Mashantucket Public works dept.
    Dino