1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing/business....question for veterans

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by newtoplow, Oct 21, 2014.

1. newtoplow

newtoplow Junior Member

I am new to plowing and business in general. I was wondering if any of you guys here could answer a simple question I have about contracts. I know I will be dealing with property managers and negotiating contracts. Anyways, I was wondering how some of you negotiate these deals.

Do I draw up the contract?

Does the property manager let me know the services they want done to the property or do I offer what services I will provide to the property in my proposal/bid?

When it is time to sign the contract, does everyone meet and sign it, or can it be faxed back and forth?

I know these are very basic questions, but I am just learning all of this.

Thanks for any help.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the bidding and estimating forum

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Big property management you sign their contract .smalls mostly will accept yours.

4. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

I am new to plowing and business in general. I was wondering if any of you guys here could answer a simple question I have about contracts. I know I will be dealing with property managers and negotiating contracts. Anyways, I was wondering how some of you negotiate these deals.

Do I draw up the contract?
    that depends, is it privately owned or corp.
    private you use your contract,
    corp. has their own that you agree to.

Does the property manager let me know the services they want done to the property or do I offer what services I will provide to the property in my proposal/bid?
    Again depends on private or corp.
    corp will have guidelines for you to follow and what they expect.
    private, you talk to the manager and find out what they need, if you do it then you put a bid in, if you don't then you have to decide if you will do it or not.

When it is time to sign the contract, does everyone meet and sign it, or can it be faxed back and forth?
    Again that depends.
    One corp. I deal with sends me the specs, I sign it and drop it off, the GM signs it and mails it back to me.
    Private, I like to email and use a signed signature on my contracts using word and just ask for the last page emailed or faxed back to me with theirs.

I know these are very basic questions, but I am just learning all of this.
    Everyone had the same questions starting out, just do it on a case by case basis, some clients like face to face in the beginning so they get to know you

Thanks for any help.
    NP, read these boards, there are a lot of experienced people here that share that experience in all areas of the snow business, you can also find contracts people have posted, bid proposals for commercial and residential, how much salt should you put down etc... just use the search function

5. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

Newtoplow PM me and ill email you a contract which will get you going.