1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing, best battery to use for power

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by handydan1, Dec 5, 2012.

1. handydan1

handydan1 Junior Member
    from iowa

hi, new member here, just needing some advice on brand and size of battery i should use for my meyers 7ft on my 95 gmc, 350, any ideas? thanks

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Worry about your alternator more than your battery.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

x2 on the alt,,,,asking which batt is best,,,i think theres another thread on this fourm still debating that. its all a matter of opioion.

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

X3 on the alt if your truck has a 105 amp alt get a 145+ alt your battery will thank you it should be a direct plug and play. And longer belt

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I went from a 150 to a 200 and my batts never thanked me blazer,,,,,I'm Gunna have to go out and yell at them. Those p.o.s es. Lmao. Sorry had to
    But yea alt and wires. Pwr and gnd

6. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

:) and yes I forgot to say do the big3 as well.

7. handydan1

handydan1 Junior Member
    from iowa

battery reply

hey thanks to all of you who answered my question about battery size, i shall go to bigger alternator and try that, thanks again

8. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

no matter what do not use a cheap battery,...a good 900ccc bat like in the diesels and good alt will be a good setup

9. Buck331

Buck331 Member

10. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

Run a good alt. I have interstate batteries in all my trucks.