1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing and the forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ohdannyboy111, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ohdannyboy111

ohdannyboy111 Junior Member

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers for, I've searched Google and the forum without any luck, here's my story...

Last season I helped plow for my uncle who own's a Snow/Grass removal company that contracts exclusively for a local airport. I would like to continue to do this but I do not have any type of insurance to do so and I'm wondering what type I would need? It's all "off road" if you will, meaning only on airport property and I use all of his equipment. Any answers or advise would be greatly appreciated as I am quite new to independent contracting (if that's what I'm doing) as well as snow removal. Thanks in advance.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Wont your uncle answer that for you?
    Im sure he would know.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

First ask uncle. I bet he didn't have any. Second what does the airport want. 3rd call your insurance company and get commercial insurance for yourself if your going to plow.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Actually you are a sub for your uncle.

5. grandview

Maybe he's taking over the plowing from the uncle.

6. WNYSeasonalSvs.

WNYSeasonalSvs. Junior Member
    from WNY

You should get in touch with Grandview, I hear he's an expert at using a plow for grass removal. :laughing:

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

lol yea with all thoughs stakes he uses to make that post office:laughing:

8. grandview

Not me this year not plowing it. When you plow grass it's guaranteed work for spring.

9. MattR

MattR Senior Member

You mean I can charge extra for the grass I plow when out snow plowing? I can be rich in no time...lol

Matt