1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing and have a few Q's

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mjs408, Mar 29, 2009.

1. mjs408

mjs408 Junior Member

Hello all,

I own a 79 Jeep J-20 Snow Boss (factory plow) came with a meyer e47 7.5 power angle plow from the factory.

2 questions, i want to build a spare th400 for my truck to swap in incase i pop the tranny in the truck, what parts should i use to make a HD tranny?

also, my truck as an under dash lift/tilt/plow light controller that is hassle to get to, I want to put in a hand held joystick style controller, is their universal ones available?

ohh also, should think about upgrading to the e57 pump?

Thanks for the input.

2. morgan forest

morgan forest Junior Member

should be able to wire in a meyer slick stick which you can mount on the shifter or another concient spot, as far as i know there isn't a hand held for a meyer. e47 is a good pump just carry spare parts,motor and coils are most common.

3. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

a turbo 400 is a pretty stout tranny stock. just a b&m towing shift kit. put the towing one in since the tranny will see alot of heat from shifting alot.