1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plowing, 2000 F350 PSD need advice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dunbar15, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dunbar15

dunbar15 Junior Member

Hello All,

I have a 2000 F350 CREW CAB SHORT BED SINGLE REAR WHEELS WITH THE 7.3 PSD.. I just put a deposit on a 8 ft fisher minute mount 2, the sticker in my door says
    FGVWR of 4800lbs , I'm told by the fisher dealer that they wont install it on my truck because my truck isnt approved for a plow that heavy due to the heavy diesel engine,
    if you go to the fisher site they only call for a V10 in that year, in 05 they changed the front suspension and its OK to put a plow on those. The previous owner had it on a 99
    with the same motor , extended cab, He told me he put a ADD A LEAF, in the front,
    Do I need to do this ?? I'm only going to use this to do my 300Ft driveway.. What should I look for when the blade is up ?? How much dip in the front is OK ?? The dealer did recommend a garage down the street that will install it.. The guy that is installing it said not to worry about it, that he puts those plows on those trucks all the time..

Any replies would be greatly appreciated
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

an 8 foot plow is the smallest that i would put on a 350, if i were you id have the garage down the street do it. If worst comes to worst, you can always get a set of timbrens (larger bump stops) for around $150...i say go for the plow, itll be fine
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I wouldn't go anything smaller than a 8'. I'd be looking at something more like the 8.5'. I was coming home tonight and saw a crew cab F350 diesel (probably the 7.3) with a 9' on his. It sagged a little, but didn't look bad. The 7.5' on my Chevy single cab longbed would barely clear the wheels on turns.
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ditto from me on what everyone else has said. I have a regular cab GMC 3500 and put an 8' on it. Hindsight always being 20/20, I would definitely put an 8.5' on my own truck, and I'd suggest the same for yours.

Fisher is very conservative on what they suggest. The Chevy Avalance, for example, is a short 1500 pickup or a Tahoe. Fisher won't suggest their LD series for either the Tahoe or the Avalance even though the truck will more than handle it. Same with some 3/4 or 1-ton trucks -- Fisher doesn't put the plow that WILL work on trucks.

Good luck!

5. Jto89

Jto89 Member

a friend of mine has a 9 foot on his 2000 f350 diesel. it sags a little but not bad