1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to plowing, 1999 chev 3/4 155 " wheel

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jgtools, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jgtools

jgtools Member

hi, was considering getting a plow for a old truck I have, its a 1999 chev 3/4 ext cab, 4x4, Silverado, has a gas 454, 8ft box, I believe it is a 155 in, wheel base. I found a 7.5 foot unimount western plow , controls, mounts for this . will this be a alright setup, would be for personal use only, or helping out friends /family with their driveways. thanks
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with an 8 foot min.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

8 foot would be better but you could add wings if it becomes an issue.
  4. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

for personal use it will be great, a lot of people plowed with 7.5's for years and years.
  5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

6. jgtools

jgtools Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. Also, someday if I would get a newer truck, say 2005 to 2012 age. What would be good , 3/4 ton. Or 1 ton , and ford ,Chevy, or dodge would be all considered, just not sure how to choose between yall. Thnk you