1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to Plowing, 06 Wrangler Plow

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by EpicRubi, Oct 22, 2008.

1. EpicRubi

EpicRubi Junior Member
    from PA

Hey all,

Got some questions for you as I am new to the plowing business:alien:. First let me start with my rig its a 06 Wrangler Rubicon 6-speed, I have a 3.5 inch RE lift, 1' inch Body lift, 1' motor lift as well, with 33 inch Wrangler MTR'S:gunsfiring:. I am looking to plow my driveway and some neighbors driveways as well. She is mostly a off-road vehicle and daily driver. I am looking for a plow setup that would suit my rig as well as what I am looking to do with it. I do not want something huge and heavy and something that will be easily removed in the summer time for off-roading without compromising ground clearance. I heard of some plows that are made of non metal materials I have tried to do some research but I am left empty handed :confused:, so I am turning to the community for suggestions :help:. Any info is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Lots of plow manufacturers make light weight plows. go no narrower than 7' get smaller tires for plowing. No matter what plow you get you will have to take the truck side frame off to go off road.

use the search feature above in the gray bar.

3. EpicRubi

EpicRubi Junior Member
    from PA

Thanks for the quick response I will do that. Anything else I would need or am I pretty much set. Other than the tires and the plow of course

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

as long as you stick to only a couple of drives, Insurance, warning light, balast in the back.
    each of the makers has a web site to find a plow for your truck. find a plow with a supplier close to you.