1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to plow and trucks. Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Underwhere, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Underwhere

Underwhere Junior Member
    from MA

I'm completely new to plowing and to trucks in general.

I recently traded a pistol for a 99 Dodge Dakota and am considering getting a plow to do my driveway, friend and family.

I'm not looking for something industrial unless it costs the same.

Do they make plows for the Dakota?
    What else would I need in order to be fully set up to plow (again not commercially)

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

If i was you I would either get a personal plow from like lowes or home depot. OR get a personal plow from fisher. All you need is the wiring for the truck, truck side setup(what plwo hooks up to on truck, and the blade setup. And you should be set.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get something decent. everyone wants to do just family and friends drives but ends up doing alot more then they thought they would. JMO

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

id would keep an eye in the weight... snow way might make a light blade

5. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

I had a blizzard 720lt on my 02 dakota v8. but i burned the transmission first good storm and bought a v10 ram. but it was a good plow truck held it well

6. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

i agree. i had a dakota and put a snow bear personal plow on it. plan was to do my driveway. then neighbors ask, friends,family etc... before the first season was over i was wishin for hydralics. imo. get a sport duty. whatever brand has a dealer closest to you. put some ballest in the back. then your set if "business" does pick up.