1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new to parking lots

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mule585, Oct 28, 2013.

1. mule585

mule585 Member

Hey guy I'm slowly working my way out of subbing. I've always done resi. For myself and was a sub for commercial. This year I've been asked to bid on a 140'x200' parking lot. Very easy all snow goes to one side plus a 3 car wide 2 deep driveway if front of 2 car garage. Not really sure how to do the seasonal bid for this. Also a resi customer wants me to bid of 5 apartment lots that are 60'x70' seasonal price. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

do you know how long it will take to do each of these lots? do you know what you need to charge per hr to make a profit? if yes to both, multiply one with the other, that give you your per visit price, then get your snowfall event averages(twn should have them) and multiply that by your per push. If you dont know there answers, Learn them before you start bidding & lose your shirt, then when you know them reapeat above math to get your answer. Good luck this year

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Are you going to do salting on these places as well?
    If so remember when you bid commercial you will be bidding against guys that use bulk. Much cheaper than bagged.
    If doing salt figure a way to use bulk so your bids will be competitive with others when you figure cost.
    Tailgate salter will work with bulk but you should add a vibrator so no bridging occurs.