1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New to meyers...quick question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Rcappa, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Rcappa

Rcappa Junior Member

I have a 98 chevy 3500 and im looking to get a plow for it.

I was offered a "MEYER ELECTRO-TOUCH 7 1/2 FOOT
    PLOW, COMPLETE WITH CONTROLS, PLOW MOUNT,
    RECTANGULAR HEAD LAMP ASSEMBLY, AND THE BLADE"

It came off of a 81 chevy k10 silverado.

I was offered everything for $1500.

Is this a good deal?

Will the setup fit onto my truck?

My truck currently has a fisher mount on it, is it possible that it may fit onto that mount?

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to plow so any info or advice would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Look for a 8 foot Fisher, that would be the cheapest route.:waving:

3. Rcappa

Rcappa Junior Member

Okay, thank you for the advice!

4. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

thats a decent price on the meyer plow if its in good shape, but you are far better off to find a complete setup that will fit your truck or find a setup that will fit your existing mount. truckside mounts can easily cost over 1500 if you buy new and hafta buy the hoop, wiring, truckside, etc.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

EASILY. Look at the truck it's coming off of, pretty good chance its a conventional not much of those old conventional that can be used on newer mounts. all he's really getting is a pump and moldboard, and if they are original off the 81:eek:

6. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

lol now i know why i dont come on here to get advice or questions answered cause 80 percent of the time all there is bashing on what everyone else has or is looking at getting. well i can tell ya this i got an entire setup from meyers for 2002 2500 avalanche 1200 bucks and eveything was there that i needed except the solenoid that cost 8 bucks......just cracks me up cant wait to see the response for this one
    on here if u dont have a boss or fisher then you own junk.....

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But it didn't come of a 1981 truck.:nono:

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could you point out the part out where the OP or Meyer was bashed please? Everything that was stated is in the best interest of the OP's questions. Would you pay $1500 for a very 20 year old (and very likely conventional style plow) and the spend another $1000 to purchase only the most needed components to modernize the plow to the point that it would now fit a truck 20 years newer? Most won't...especially when the truck is already setup for a Fisher.